Friday, March 14, 2008

Live from the Big 12 tournament- The end for Rahshon Clark

KANSAS CITY, Mo.-You could see the tears coming from Rahshon Clark's eyes as he left the court for the final time as a Cyclone Thursday. What you couldn't see was how proud he was.
"I'm not disappointed," Clark said. "We went out there and gave it everything we had. The guys never gave up; we tried our best and that's all I can ask for."
A week ago, I posed the questions to fans after the all-century team celebration, should Clark be mentioned with the likes of Fred Hoiberg and Kelvin Cato. In the lockeroom after the game, I asked him.
"I would love to be named one of those players," he said. "I really can't say, it's not for me to decide."
What is left for him to decide is what's next on the senior's agenda. He'll graduate with a degree in criminal justice. He said he isn't ready to give up basketball quite yet. That wasn't hard to tell as Clark was the last player in the lockeroom with his jersey on afterwards.
"Just see where basketball takes me," said Clark. "I'm not going to stop playing basketball just as of yet. I'm too young, I have to get going."

No comments: