Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cyclones at the NFL Scouting Combine

Alvin Bowen’s dream has always been to play in the NFL.
This past weekend, he’s taken a step closer to fulfilling that as the former Cyclone linebacker has participated in the NFL’s annual Scouting Combine.
“For the most part everyone says they love the way I play,” Bowen said in a telephone interview from the combine. “I play with a passion; it’s what they love to see.”
So far, the 6’3, 224 pound linebacker has met with officials from the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints. Bowen, who led the nation in tackles per game in 2006, was a second-team All-Big 12 selection after recording 99 tackles in 2007.
Now, he’s showing teams how he does it.
“Not only have I gotten to show my face but I’ve got to sit down, talk with scouts,” he said. “They get a feel for me.”
Bowen, is joined by former Cyclone teammates wide receiver Todd Blythe and defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin as the only Iowa State players participating in the Scouting Combine.

No comments: